In 2019, the Chile Conservation Funders (CCF) program was formalized as a Biodiversity Funders Group working group, after several years of funders working together informally. The CCF’s mission is to foster collaboration among the funding community investing in Chile to enhance conservation efforts and resilience of ecosystems.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration among foundations investing in Chilean conservation efforts.
- Increase opportunities for programmatic information sharing, dialogue, and development of complementary grantmaking strategies.
- Increase the level of funding available for protecting Chile's ecosystems.
- Program-focused in-person funder meetings to strategize on topics of shared interest.
- Regular conference calls for members to discuss Chile’s grantmaking and conservation issues.
- Collaborative funder initiatives involving coordinated efforts focusing on specific program areas.
- Grantmaking analysis to optimize funders contributions and impact.
- Funder site visits and meetings with key actors in Chile.