The Conservation Science Program engages Biodiversity Funders Group members and other funders in a broad range of conservation science issues. These efforts complement our other programs by providing a cross-cutting perspective that informs the grantmaking of all our members.
The Conservation Science Program addresses the following questions:
- What types of scientific information are needed to support sound conservation efforts? Where do our grantees get their conservation science?
- How do we get the best science developed? What is the system of production for sound conservation science?
- How do we translate conservation science so that it can be best applied? How will we best link science to policy development and implementation?
- Designing conservation science-themed sessions for the Annual Meeting.
- Organizing webinars and conference calls on a wide range of conservation science issues, including climate adaptation, ecosystem services, de-extinction, ecosystem-based management, and the application of social sciences in conservation, among others.
- Sponsoring funder events such as “Conservation Science Workshop: Managing the Impact of Shifting Marine Species Due to Climate Change,” in November 2019.
To view additional content for this program, please log in.