The Funders of the Amazon Basin (FAB) is a learning group comprised of private, grantmaking foundations that share strategies and lessons learned in order to become more effective grantmakers in the Andean-Amazon.
Working together for a future sustained by vibrant, thriving communities and flourishing ecosystems in the Andean-Amazon Basin.
- Share information, evaluation, lessons learned and strategies
- Explore complementary grantmaking
- Monitor current and emerging threats and opportunities for change in the Andean-Amazon basin
- Learn from each other and from experts
- Convene in-person meetings in which the FAB members can plan a path toward improving coordination among grantmakers in the Andean-Amazon Basin and advancing the mission of working together to protect flourishing ecosystems and vibrant communities in the Basin;
- Convene a series of working groups, conference calls and webinars aimed at continuing coordination and increasing knowledge and understanding of the issues in the region;
- Evaluate and implement communications strategies among FAB members and identify emerging opportunities for collaboration in the Andean-Amazon Basin region.
- Facilitate meetings of Funders and others to advance the causes of the program.
The FAB recognizes the complex interplay of ecological, social, cultural and political dynamics that shape this multi-country biome. FAB members make grants that focus on natural conservation, sustainable development, social inclusion, human dignity, and indigenous people’s rights.