To protect biodiversity in global terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems by strengthening grantmaking and providing a vehicle for information sharing, dialogue, strategy development and collaboration among funders.
Goals and Objectives
- Increase the level of funding available to NGO’s and campaigns focused on protection of global terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems
- Ensure collaboration and coordination among foundations with programs devoted to terrestrial and freshwater conservation, by providing opportunities for information sharing, dialogue, and development of complementary grantmaking strategies
- An annual winter meeting of grantmakers interested in US public land conservation policy and management, to be convened in Washington, DC.
- A series of webinars and conference calls on terrestrial and freshwater conservation issues, including protection of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, defense of the federal Endangered Species Act, national forest management, energy development, livestock grazing reform, national park and wilderness protection, western water policy and management, sustainable forestry and certification, regional conservation efforts (including the Southeast U.S.), and community-based conservation, among others.
- Other meetings of sub-groups of the entire Working Group or sub-groups as necessary
- Co-sponsorship of convenings with other organizations
To view additional content for this program, please log in.