To save the global oceans and the biodiversity contained therein by strengthening marine conservation grantmaking, and providing an opportunity for information sharing, dialogue, strategy development and collaboration among funders.
- Increase collaboration, relationship building, and cooperation within the marine conservation funding community.
- Increase collaboration among foundations devoted to addressing the challenge of global marine conservation.
- Increase the level of investment in the field, especially foundation funding.
- Leverage opportunities to advance strategies to address marine conservation.
- Monitor developments on a wide range of marine conservation issues, including fisheries management reform, establishing a worldwide network of marine protected areas, reducing the global environmental impacts of mariculture, and promoting a worldwide consumer seafood movement.
- Educate funders on a wide range of international marine conservation issues, looking for strategic linkages to US domestic issues.
- Investigate strategies to improve the effectiveness of public advocacy for the oceans.
- Annual Marine Conservation Program meeting on a variety of marine conservation issues and opportunities for collaboration.
- Webinars and conference calls on global marine conservation issues.
- Support and promotion for FundingtheOcean.org, a collaborative effort to improve the collection and dissemination of marine conservation grantmaking information.
- Coordination with other funder networks and outreach to new funders in the field.
To view additional content for this program, please log in.